Thursday, July 30, 2009

Canning!

Growing up I loved to help my mom do her canning. I didn't get to do a lot because she didn't want me to get hurt, or probably really didn't want me to get in her way. As I got older she didn't can as much as she used to. I have learned that I didn't pay attention as much as I should have. After I got married she helped my do Lasagna sauce and Jam so I feel pretty confident with those.
I love dill pickles especially the ones my mom made growing up. This year I decided I wanted to do pickles so with a lot of my sisters help on Tuesday we canned some dill pickles. Today I am doing Lasagna sauce. It is exciting to me that I can actually do this myself, well mostly. Andrea has been a really big help. Thanks Andrea for everything!

5 comments:

La said...

Cool. I hope to can this year. Will you send me your sauce recipe? I loved your mom's dill pickles. They were the best.

Megan said...

I would SO love to know how your mom did her dill pickles. My mom always tried, and said she could never get them to work like Claudia did...Maybe I should have you teach me!

Colle said...

I can't teach you because I had to have Andrea by my side the whole time. So Maybe you should have her teach you.

Andrea and Chuck said...

Colle the Lasagna sauce is looking good i got 18 bottles let me know how many you ended up with because I think I had more tomatoes than you.

Ross and Aubrey said...

Hey Nicole,
It's Aubrey (Rosser) Wentworth, I found your blog through Annie Lawson's....
I would LOVE to get your lasagna sauce recipe, I just got into canning :)Here's my email...aubreyrosser@yahoo.com

Your family is adorable!