Sunday, July 19, 2009

Heritage Days

This week where we live has had its annual heritage days!! On Thursday night we went and had a dutch oven dinner in the park and listened to a little music. Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and jogged in a 5K. I love to run in races because when you finish you just feel good. Well usually anyway. I haven't ran to train for this race and thought I just might die at the end. I didn't of course and still would like to run in some more races. The race started way late so I got finished and we had breakfast and then headed to the parade. The kids came home with a ton of candy
After the parade we went home for a while and then we decided to go to the park and see what was going on. It was super hot so we got a snow cone. I love snow cones!

Easton and Chad sharing there snow cone!

This is mine and Gretchen's snow cone!
It was really hot and we told the kids that they could do one ride so we decided to go home and come back after dinner when it would be a little cooler, or we were hoping. We watched a Hypnotist show. Easton thought it was pretty entertaining. He sat and watched the whole thing.


The rides were incredibly expensive so we decided to let them go on this blow up slide thing. Gretchen was a little stinker she went up and wouldn't come down I had to go get her.
We came home got PJ's on and then watched the firework show from our front yard. Gretchen watched the first little bit and then fell asleep. It was so nice to be able to walk in our house and put her to bed.

1 comment:

Andrea and Chuck said...

sounds like fun. Shocked she would not go down because she usually is fearless