Monday, October 13, 2008

Three Years

Three years ago today my mom passed away. I had big plans for today. I wanted to go to the temple with my sister and then go put flowers on my moms grave. Unfortunately the temple is closed on Monday's. Since the temple was closed Andrea and I decided to take the kids with us to put flowers on my moms grave.

This gave me the opportunity to talk to Easton about his grandma. He doesn't know her and it kills me. He gets my mom( his grandma) confused with my grandma( his grandma great) because he sort of remembers her. I know he is little and eventually he will understand. I just need to always tell him about her.

I miss her and it never seems to get any easier. I hate more then anything that my kids didn't get to know her. My mom was one of my best friends. I talked to her everyday. Sometimes I still pick up the phone to talk to her.

I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that families can be together forever. I love my Heavenly Father and Brother Jesus so much. I am trying to be the best I can so that I will be able to live with them again.

I Love You MOM!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

You are such a good example. I love your honestly and the way you share your testimony.

La said...

Ditto. I love you Colle and Your Mom.

Laurel said...

I love you Colle. I am confident that your Mom is very proud of you and the beautiful young woman and Mom that you and Andrea are.

Kaylyn said...

I ditto all the other comments. You are amazing! Thank you for the testimony.