Thursday, October 8, 2009

Traditions

Growing up my family had traditions that I totally loved. As I got married I wanted to continue with some from growing up and then create my own. Well we have created a few of our own, but I think I would love to have more.

Growing up on Halloween we always had homemade chili. I love chili so this is no problem but my kids don't eat it that well so we are thinking about finding a new thing this year. I am not sure yet we are still try to think up something fun and exciting.

I was wondering for the few people who do read this if you would leave me a comment of traditions you have for different holidays. Come on now I know there are a lot of people who read this that do not comment. I have a couple of trackers on my blog and I know who you are so I really would love to hear from you.

4 comments:

Megan said...

That's funny, we had chili on Halloween too! I heard recently of a funny one that another family does on Christmas morning called Hot Chocolate Torture. The kids have to sit on the kitchen floor and drink a whole mug of hot chocolate before they can go see the tree. Funny.

Lawson Family said...

We don't have too many traditions during Halloween, but we do have dinner in a pumpkin which is kind of fun. For birthdays, there is a present under the bed when the kids first wake up. Something small, but something everyone looks forward to. As for Christmas, I posted the same question last Christmas and got a ton of responses! Here is the link to that post.

http://lifewithlawsons.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-traditions.html?zx=be540c22478bd0c5

Jennifer Sue said...

We always had beef stew on Halloweeen, I still love it and require it on the 31st. On Christmas morning we always have scones with creamy honey and hot chocolate - again, Christmas is just not the same without it.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to send you a list one of my friends made for a traditions project we made once. I can't believe all the traditions they have in their house. I'll mail it to you. Lots of fun ideas. I think it would stress me out, but it has worked for them. I always tell myself I'm going to adopt some of them. I'll get to that. Someday. I need to stop saying that. :)