Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy 68th Birthday!!

Today would have been my mom's 68th birthday!!! A couple week's after my mom passed away I started watching the TV show 7th Heaven. I am a sucker for the feel good cheesy shows, anyway on the show this ladies mom passed away and every year she would still celebrate her mothers birthday and have a special dinner. I wanted to do that but stuff always seemed to happen. This year I was determined to do it. So tonight for dinner we had one of my moms favorite meals. Then all afternoon I have been talking to Easton and Gretchen about my mom and how much she meant to me.

As I got older my mom became one of my closest friends. I talked to her everyday even when I was away at school. I am so grateful for her and all the things she did for me. My mom was the person who helped me gain a testimony of Jesus Christ. She loved the Lord and it showed. I hope that my kids will be able to see that in me.

I Love You Mom!!!!

4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I hope my kids remember me with such fondness.

Andrea and Chuck said...

So what did you eat for dinner?

Kaylyn said...

That is a beautiful tribute! I hope that my kids can say that about me as well!

Colle said...

We had roast! Easton was mad at me because originally I was going to make a birthday cake but my kitchen was to dang hot so we didn't end up having a cake.