Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thankful Countdown Turkey

The Halloween countdown was pretty fun to make and Easton enjoyed it. I on the other hand forgot to take the rings off sometimes. The same place i got the idea for the Halloween has a Thanksgiving countdown.

We are going to Idaho this year for Thanksgiving so I thought this would be a fun way to countdown to that plus help teach Easton a little bit about being Thankful. We are doing it a little different. We made the turkey body and then we are going to add the feathers everyday so that it will be clear full of feathers on thanksgiving morning. We are also writing 1 thing we are thankful for on each days feather. I think it may be interesting as the month goes on to see the things Easton has me write down. The first two were Apples and M&Ms. I wonder if he was hungry. I will post a picture of it tomorrow or as we go along. I am sure there will be some more fun things he is thankful for.
Whats a post with out a picture. Gretchen and Easton like to pretend they are potato heads. I can't find any pictures of Easton with the glasses on or a mouth part in but I know I have some.

5 comments:

Tyra said...

The turkey thing is a great idea. That will be so fun for Easton.

I love the potato head picture, that is so funny that they pretend they are potato heads.

Lawson Family said...

That's so funny! The glasses would be classic. I love the Turkey idea...I've been thinking about doing something similar...this will be a good FHE. Thanks for the ideas!

Kyle and Melissa said...

I like your idea...you will have to keep us updated as to what Easton chooses.

Clev Clan said...

You are coming up with some great ideas. I love the letter a day. Jax and I are going to start. I love the turkey Idea and am going to use it with your sisters idea. Hope you do mind if I copy!

Colle said...

I don't mind if you copy because I am copying the turkey thing.