Monday, March 31, 2008

Trying to be a little better

Easton was gone a couple of weeks ago and I decided that when he got home I was going to try harder to be more patient with him and try to do more fun things. Well I don't think I did so good last week. Apparently someone else wants me to try to do better because yesterday morning I read an article in the Ensign titled "The Joy of Nurturing Children", which is three different moms talking about motherhood. In church our combined 5th Sunday lesson was on parenting. I actually learned some stuff that I hope to do to help me be more patient with Easton. He tries my patience a lot. My favorite song right now is by Trace Adkins, Your Going to Miss This. If you haven't heard it you should listen to it, it is really good.
I love Easton to death but sometimes he really can grind on my nerves. I know i need to just relax sometimes(that is what a few siblings have told me) so I hope to relax and just have a good time while trying to teach him and watch him grow, because I know that in 10 years I am going to probably wish he was whining and not listening to his mom, rather than rolling his eyes and talking back to me.

The above picture is him trying to be funny while I was taking his picture. Isn't he a cute kid!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colle if he wasn't trying your patience he wouldn't be a kid. All kids do this you just do the best you can. That is a really good song I like it, He sang it on the Apprentice Finally last thursday.

La said...

I like that song too. I think I will go buy it off itunes. I need to hear it today.
Easton is a dang cute kid with a darling personality. Don't beat yourself up too much. I have only ever witnessed you being a terrific mother.

CnLAland said...

Thanks for this post! Seriously...sometimes I feel like I'm the only mom out there that can't 'relax' when it comes to my kids. I missed that article in the Ensign...I might have to go read it right now!! :)

BJ said...

I so know how you feel. Three boys and all so very different. I loved the article in the Ensign, it seemed to come at a time when we all needed it.