Easton got a Gingerbread House kit from his Grandma a few weeks ago and Easton has wanted to Eat the candy ever since. Last night I decided to attempt making a house. I have never made a real gingerbread house only the ones from graham crackers in elementary. Easton was really good he just sat there and waited until he could start decorating. Gretchen sat in her high chair and watched for a little while. I got a little frustrated with the frosting so next time I have a better plan. Easton thought it was really fun. Maybe we have a new tradition, will see.
This is Easton putting the candy on.
This is Gretchen watching Easton and Mom.
This is the finished project. Easton was saying Cheese!
4 comments:
Your house looks really good. I agree about the frosting thing so you will have to share your tips with me.
Cute House Easton! I always glue gun my houses and then put frosting in the cracks with a cake decorator. It doesn't make for good eating, but my kids only care about the candy parts anyways and always leave the house.
The glue gun is a good idea. I need to go get a gingerbread house.
Hot glue, it's brilliant. We ran into the same problem with a gingerbread train we just put together. I, too, was disappointed with the frosting in the kit. Our train had so much potential but now just looks like a train wreck. Oh well. It's all about candy, right? We had fun. Your house is beautiful! Nice work! I wouldn't have known the frosting was a problem. You are a pro.
Post a Comment