Monday, March 30, 2009

Childhood Toys!

This past week both of my kids have been playing with this. This for those of you who don't recognize it is a Fisher Price Record player. It is awesome!! My kids however don't think it is as cool as I did and do. Easton wont believe me that they are records not CDs. Gretchen doesn't like the music to play she just likes to watch it turn.
I know I have blogged about my Teddy Ruxpin but there is one toy that beat out Teddy and that was my strawberry shortcake doll. This last weekend I found a box of my old dolls. I was so excited my kids and chad thought I was pretty crazy.
She looks pretty rough but I loved this doll so much. She still blows strawberry kisses. Gretchen at first thought she was weird because of the blowing kisses. She has now warmed up to her.

I hope my kids will have as many fun memories when they get older as I do.

4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I always thought you had the coolest toys!

Jennifer Sue said...

I went to an antique store this weekend in Sugarhouse and they had all these awesome old toys I remember from being a kid. They are worth money now, weird. But I just want to buy them to play with... You should've seen the Care Bear collection. They could've done an awesome 'Care Bear Stare'.

marshy28@aol.com said...

You know I would take the record player of your hand at any time. It would look so cute up on the shelf with all my other old toys.

Andrea and Chuck said...

Darn Marsh I did not see he was logged in. That last comment was from me but i am sure you know that.