Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thumbs Up!

Kinslee was a pro pacifier sucker from birth and I was excited.  The other two kids weren't fans of the pacifier.  Kinslee received two cute pink pacifiers for Christmas and wanted nothing to do with them.  She only wanted the one from the hospital.  Well we lost that pacifier about 2 weeks ago.  I have looked everywhere and can not find it.  I have tried a few other kinds and no such luck.  She has found what she would like to suck on. 
Gretchen took this picture.

I do not know how I feel about having a thumb sucker. 

3 comments:

La said...

My third kid was a thumb sucker too! I loved it. She quit about six months ago with these nifty little glove things and it only took a few nights. And she has always and continues to be my best sleeper.

Marissa said...

Thumb suckers are cute to begin with, but then have teeth problems like Brea. Now we're in for a boatload of orthodontic bills. Bwaaaaaahhhhhh! I wish you luck! (But she still is a stinkin' cutie!)

Anonymous said...

Numbers 1 and 2 were thumb suckers at our house. I loved it--never lost it, calmed themselves in the night, built great immune systems (touch everything, crawl and suck--made me cringe if I thought about it too hard!), and I'll admit, I thought it was cute. Cute until they were too old to be doing it! It was a hard habit to break for us, but it can be done.

Number 3 has never sucked his thumb. He likes a binky, but isn't attached to it. This is a nice arrangment, until we lose the binky at church. Out to the foyer we go. :)

Just enjoy it. That picture is so cute. And when it comes time to break the habit, just think of all those blissful times, especially during the night, when she calmed herself down. She's learning great anger management skills early!