Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lost a Tooth!

When Easton started school I wasn't one of those moms that got real sad.  He was so excited that I couldn't help to be excited for him as he starts school.  I found out what makes me sad.  Losing teeth.  This means that he is going to lose those small teeth and get big teeth and then he will no longer be little.  Yes I know this was going to happen but I didn't know that this would be the thing to make me sad. 

Last week on Wednesday he told me his teeth hurt so I felt it and it was barely loose.  Then yesterday after school he told me that when he smiles his tooth moves.  Sure enough that tooth was pretty loose.  I thought maybe it would last until today or tomorrow but when he went to brush his teeth last night it was way loose so I pulled it out. 

Here he is this morning with what the tooth fairy brought him.  He was pretty excited that he got a gold dollar. 

Gretchen is a little unsure about this whole thing.  When Easton told her the tooth fairy came and took his tooth she wondered why I let monsters come in our house while she was sleeping.

4 comments:

La said...

Congrats to Easton!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute smile, Easton! That's funny Gretchen was nervous. My friend was going to take caramel apples into her daughter's 1st grade class for a birthday treat last week. She decided against it not only because of the sticky mess, but she wasn't sure how a roomful of kids with holes in their mouths could eat them. Maybe in 5th grade.

Deb said...

Gretchen's comment is hilarious.

Emilie said...

Losing teeth is such a milestone.

Poor Gretchen. Funny, but sad all wrapped in one.