Today would have been my mom's 69th Birthday! I decided that I would celebrate every year on her birthday. My kids have no idea who she is which is one of the hardest parts about her being gone. My kids don't know there grandma. I am going to continue this tradition in hopes that some day they will know her through me. I think that is really all I can do. I Love and miss my mom. Anyway this year we made cupcakes. I was going to make her favorite cake but I have never made Texas sheet cake before and didn't want to attempt it. Here are a few pictures with the cupcakes.
We all got a present this year on my moms birthday I told Chad maybe we should do this every year. I was going to take a picture of them all but didn't. I got some much needed maternity shirts, chad got a new work shirt, Easton got a BYU hat, and Gretchen got a bracelet.
2 comments:
That's a very sweet tradition.
Maybe you could also share and type up one memory of her and every year, on her birthday, read the memories you've already documented and add a new one. Get your siblings to pitch in too.
That way your kids WILL know her.
Hugs.
What a wonderful idea, Colle.
Post a Comment