This morning Easton and Gretchen found a special package with a note from Santa. Inside the package was a box that said Elf on the Shelf.
We made the kids wait until after church to come home and read the story to find out what this Elf does.
Here is our families elf, we named him Chester. Chester is here to watch and see if we are being naughty or nice. He reports back to Santa each night. He then will return home with Santa on Christmas Eve.
I saw this on someones blog last year and wanted to do it this year and forgot about it until last week. I hope this might be a fun new tradition and may also cut down on the temper tantrums and fighting at our house.
5 comments:
That is such a fun idea! Where did you get it?
The Hallmark store!
Cute idea! How's it working? I loved your card. Nice picture--I'm impressed.
My sister has that for her kids, it works wonders. Though I find it slightly creepy.
We did something similar and it so fun. I love my elf, Tinsel because I just remind the kids and they turn the bad behavior off like a light switch.
Post a Comment