Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day!

On Sunday we went to the cemetery to take flowers to my grandparents, mom and brother. At my mom's grave Easton asked me to read what it said. So this picture was taken while I was reading it.

When I was little I remember going to the cemetery every memorial day weekend and I actually looked forward to it because I got to hear stories about my relatives that had passed away.

I have a hard time sometimes because Easton doesn't remember my mom and Gretchen never got to meet her here on earth. I hope that Easton and Gretchen will be able to get to know my mom from the stories I tell them. I hope everyone has had a good memorial day weekend. I hope you were able to think about all the people in the military who have died for our freedoms. I am very grateful for that. I also hope you were able to remember all the loved ones who have passed on.

1 comment:

Amy Eagleston said...

thanks for sharing your perspective...i yelled at my husband today and i need to repent :)