Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

My kids love making and decorating sugar cookies.  Easton wasn't feeling that good so he was our photographer during the decorating.
 Here are a collage of pictures he took. 
Growing up we had clam chowder on Christmas eve as a little kid I didn't love it but I still ate it.  Chad and I have also decided to have this tradition because as a grown up I love the clam chowder. Gretchen and Easton however do not really enjoy it.  This year they both decided to spit it back out into there bowl which made me sick.  Lucky they have a nice dad and he made them something different to eat so they wouldn't starve. 
 Listening to Dad read the Christmas story from the bible. 

This year we told the kids to get in there pajamas before they got to open there pajamas to throw them off a bit.  It totally worked look at Easton's face. 
They were all very happy with there pajamas!

 Here is my attempt at getting a picture of the three of them in front of the tree. 




 We decided to start a new tradition of opening a Christmas movie to watch before bed on Christmas Eve. 
All three kids slept downstairs in Gretchen and Kinslee's room.  Easton and Gretchen came and woke us up at 2:40am asking if we could open presents.  We made them wait until 3:30am. 
 Kinslee would not cooperate for a picture on the stairs. 
 Santa brought Kinslee new dress up shoes!
 Santa brought Easton gloves for football he was so excited. 
 Gretchen really really wanted a yellow furby.  Santa came through for her she was so excited.  Unfortunately her hair got in her face as I went to take the picture.  

I apparently put the camera away after Gretchen opened her furby.  We had a wonderful Christmas this year!!

2 comments:

Marietta said...

3:30AM! Whoa! This is the first year we didn't get the kids up becuse I'm too impatient. The last kid got up at 8:30. And I still had to have a nap during the day. :)

Anonymous said...

Fun Christmas!! I'm glad to hear someone else has early birds. Santa has to be very quick and sneaky at our house.