Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cancun

A few months back some friends invited us to go to Cancun with them.  At first I thought there was no way we could go, but we decided to make it work and go to Cancun the Saturday after thanksgiving.  We got to Cancun late Saturday night.  Sunday we didn't do much.  We sat on the beach and read.
 I loved looking out at the white sand and the beautiful blue water. 
On Monday we went to some ruins, Chad and I were very excited to see these ancient ruins.  The first one we went to was the Coba ruins.  We were able to hike to the top. 
 We made it to the top. 
We all made it. 
Chad, Kent, Tessa, James, John,
Colle, Mary, Jamie 
 Here is a picture of me in front after we hiked back down. 
After we left Coba we went to a cenote and did some snorkeling.  It was my first time snorkeling and I was a little nervous.  It was way cool.  Some of the fish were tiny and I thought maybe I was in a fish tank.
 After snorkeling
 I have no idea what Chad was doing but I love it!
We kept taking pictures of the boys jumping off hoping to get an awesome action shot in the air.  Unfortunately
 I got this and
 this
 The girls opted for a still shot. 
Mary, Jamie, Tessa, and Colle
 Jaime, Mary, Colle, Tessa
After we left the cenote we went to the Tulum ruins.  These ruins are on the cliffs along the coast.  They were so pretty.  Chad and I could have walked around in here for awhile. 




 This is a picture of the boys on wake boards. 
 One night at dinner.
On Thursday we went to a cool place and went snorkeling in the ocean.  We saw lots of fish, turtles, and a sting ray. 
 Chad coming in from snorkeling. 
 Chad and James in there snorkeling stuff
 On Friday I finally got to do the one thing I really really wanted to do.  We went parasailing.  I have wanted to go parasailing forever but thought I never would get the chance. 
here we are before we left.  They took us out to the boat on a jet ski.  The jet ski ride to and from the boat was Chad's favorite part he loved it.  I enjoyed it also.
 We don't have the best picture because we were pretty far out in the ocean.  I loved it, I am so glad I got to do it. 
 Here we are walking on our last night on the beach.
We had and awesome time and I loved being able to spend some time with friends and also able to get some time with just chad and I in such a beautiful place. 

2 comments:

La said...

What a great trip! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

How fun, Colle! What a beautiful place. I'm glad you were able to go. I guess I won't be offended we weren't invited. :) Fun!