Chad and I have been training for the River Rail Relay for a few months now. Saturday was the big day. I was on a team with three other amazing women. We decided to get matching shirts, so when we came in from running we could find each other. So we were all very visible in our bright green shirts. It was so much fun! The relay was from Gardner Village to Roy, it was 50 miles.
Marissa, Kelli, Whitnie, and Nicolle
A friend was recently diagnosed with cancer, and these bracelets are for her.
This was our team name.
Chad was on an all boys team but we both ran the same legs. This is before the race started. It was freezing cold.
Marissa at the end of her first leg. 6 miles.
Whitnie at the end of her first leg. 6 miles. Whitnie is amazing she ran a marathon a month ago and is running the Ogden marathon this Saturday and she is 16 weeks pregnant.
Kelli at the end of her first leg. 6.1 miles.
This is me starting my second leg, it was the longest 6.6 miles of my life. I thought I was never going to finish. While running I saw this guy on a bike that looked exactly like President Uchtdorf, come to find out it was him.
Marissa, Whitnie, Kelli, Nicolle
I was only able to get one picture of Chad because there team was a little bit ahead of us.
Chad starting his 2nd leg.
I was able to get a picture of the boys team after they had finished.
Adam, Kevin, Jed, and Chad
This was a lot of fun and I hope to do it again. I am sore today, but it was still worth it.
This was a lot of fun and I hope to do it again. I am sore today, but it was still worth it.
1 comment:
That's amazing, Colle! Nice work. How funny you saw Pres. Uchtdorf. I'm so impressed with you runners. I run around the block and die. :)
Post a Comment