Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

 My whole life memorial weekend we always went to the cemetery to my brother and Grandpa's graves.  As a little kid I loved it.  I loved hearing stories about these two people that I never got to meet here on earth.  Now as an adult I am taking my kids to there Grandma's grave to tell them stories of someone they never met on earth.   I told Chad yesterday that I thought that as time passed it would get easier to go to the cemetery with my kids.  Yesterday was hard for me.  They don't know her and it breaks my heart.  Gretchen kept asking who we were there for.  I know that I am the only way they will get to know her, but it is hard sometimes.  Some days I just want to talk to my mom.  I am truly grateful for the knowledge I have that I can see her again.  I am so grateful there is a day to remember all those who have gone before.

3 comments:

La said...

Colie, you are good mom.

Eliza said...

{{{{HUGS}}}

Megan said...

Your kids are lucky to have you. You reflect so much of your mom. Thanks for being real about it being hard. Because it is, and you're an example to me. Love you.