Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Race for the Cure

At the beginning of the year I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before the year is over. One of the things was to start running again and to run in a 5K or 10K. On Saturday I ran in the Race for the Cure. There were 17,000 people who signed up. It was cool to see all the survivors running and walking. I think I am going to make this a tradition and do it every year. I didn't run the whole time like I had wanted but I found a friend that I hadn't seen for a while so we walked and talked. I ran it in 39 minutes I had been sick so I told Chad it would probably take me 45 minutes. Chad, Easton, Gretchen, Andrea, Marshal, Charly, Noelle, and Kendall were all there to cheer me on. So Andrea took some pictures but I couldn't get them to work.

6 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Emilie said...

Good for you!! I am planning on running a sprint triathlon in September up at Bear Lake. You should do it too!

CnLAland said...

Wow! Congrats! I heard that race is always amazing!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Colle!! I am not a runner so I am very proud of you. I can push strollers around the duck pond with the best of them, though. :)

BJ said...

That is so awesome. Congratulations. It is very impressive, especially because I do not run. Way to go!

Lawson Family said...

Good for you! That really is quite an accomplishment!