Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Frustrated with Food?!?

So I am feeling a little frustrated right now. I feel like I am starving Gretchen. She was sick a week or two ago and stopped eating her baby food. Now all she ever wants is bottles, and Cheerios. I don't know what to feed her everything I try she spits out at me. She is almost a year old and has 7 or 8 teeth what can I feed her? I know I know I sound like a first time mom, but Easton and Gretchen are so incredibly different it is crazy. So all you moms out there please give me all the advice you got. Please! I don't want to feel like I am starving my baby. (she doesn't really act starved just seems like she needs more of a variety)

PS Gretchen is taking more steps. I think in a week or two she might be walking, who knows though.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

Hang in there!

Try cheese, fruit, lunch meat, string beans,bread,(everything cut up in small pieces of course)peas, ramen noodles, yogurt, cottage cheese, crackers....

At this point if you eat it she can, with the exception of eggs, honey, and peanut butter. just cut it up for her!

Good luck

Amy Eagleston said...

Charlie is 16 months but only has four teeth. He eats anything we eat. He loves cheese and cut up lunch meat, mac and cheese and other noodles. He also loves crasians.

BJ said...

I know it is tough, but she will eat when hungry and what she wants. We have this problem with my 3 year old. He hardly eats , with the exception of 4 foods. Just keep trying. May I suggest "The Sneaky Chef" cookbooks. She has a website you can check out. We have them and they work!

Unknown said...

My Father in law just gave us some GREAT advice (he's a pediatrician) he said for some one that age the recommended rule of thumb is one tablespoon of food per meal. Doesn't sound like much from our perspective but that's actually all their little bellies need. So a little cheese and some strawberries goes ALONG way.
GOOD LUCK! Let me know if you come up with anything good. You can see by my last blog post that we're having the same issues!