I have wanted to run a marathon for a long time but I never really thought it was possible so I decided that I would start out with a half marathon and if I could make that then perhaps I would give a marathon a try. My friend Whitnie and I started running at the beginning of the summer and then we signed up for the Layton half marathon in July. I knew if I didn't sign up then it would be easier to back out. I don't think you can really say I run it is more of a jog. Yesterday was the big day. It was freezing cold and I was a little worried. The race started a little later then it was suppose to, but we were off and running.
I have ran a lot of 5Ks and a few 10Ks so the whole race thing really wasn't new. I actually really enjoy that feeling of people you don't know cheering you on along the route. When we were getting close to the finish line I saw my kids holding there signs and of course my eyes teared up and I got a serious boost of energy. Chad, my kids, Andrea and Kendall were there to cheer me on. It was great when I crossed the finish line they said my name on the loud speaker and I felt awesome. I am so glad that I did it and am seriously considering doing a marathon in May.
6 comments:
Way to follow your dreams! congratulations! !
You are awesome.
Seriously, AWESOME!!!
Huge high fives! It is true, you are awesome.
You are a rockstar. Way to go!
You're amazing! Crazy...but awesome. You're braver than I am.
Post a Comment